Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Turism Management
- Service and Hospitality Management
Areas of expertise are management, marketing, personnel and development. Utilizing the combined knowledge of commercial, cultural and innovative aspects and principles of sustainable development with methodical considerations in the planning and organization of services. Employment most often found in middle management, but becoming an entrepreneur or working with trainees is also an option. It equips you to interact and collaborate in management teams and effectively build customer relations with people from various educational, linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
The programme is progressive and depending on your area of specialization you work within:
- Tourism Management i.e. in booking, tourist and travel agencies, charter and cruise tourism.
- Hotel and Restaurant Management i.e. at conference centers, hotels, restaurants, spa and wellness and B&B.
- Service Management i.e. consulting and training companies, health and treatment centers.
Internship and Thesis
Part of the educations takes place in close cooperation with practical cases and the industry. You must complete a 13-week compulsory internship within your choice of specialty. Either in a Danish or international company. Choices of specialty are between:
- The Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Service Management
A Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management Degree gives you access to following top-up programs:
- P.Ba in International Hospitality Management
- International Sales and Marketing
A top-up takes one and a half years.
A top-up gives access to Master’s programs. The vast majority of graduates choose to get a job and get some work experience prior to further studies.
Bredahlsgade 1, 4200 Slagelse
Uddannelsesvej 22, 4600 Køge
Susse Henriette Bo Thrane
During the programme you will be working with practical and theoretical areas covering the following subjects:
The compulsory subjects are:
- Methodology and research methods
- Business Economics
- Service Management
- Macro Economics
- Service Industry Competences
- Human Resource Management
- Strategy and Business Development
- International Marketing
- Cultural Studies
- Customer Relations
- Service Management (only in Køge)
- Hotel and Restaurant Management (in Slagelse and Køge)
- Tourism Management (in Slagelse and Køge)
- Sport and Event Management (only in Slagelse)
The third semester is a term of internship. You will be encouraged to utilize your education in a more practical manner. Internships with a variety of companies can be performed giving 13 weeks of academic credit. During the internship, you will participate in the completion of several different tasks together with one or more of the company’s employees. You can choose to complete your internship in Denmark or abroad.
Admission requirements for AP Degree Programmes
For admission to the international AP Degree Programmes at Zealand, the following qualifications are required:
From Denmark and Scandinavia
A general upper secondary education in Denmark/Scandinavia (Upper Secondary School Leaving Examination, Higher Commercial Examination, Higher Technical Examination or Higher Preparatory Examination)
From UK countries and countries with at similar educational system
General Certificate of Secondary Education, GCSE in combination with Advanced level exams: At least two subjects at A-level in combination with 5 GCSE exams.
From other European countries
The equivalent to Upper Secondary School Leaving Examination.
From United States and countries with a similar educational system
High school diploma from the United States
From African countries, India, China and other Asian countries
The equivalent to Upper Secondary School Leaving Examination
From South- and Latin American countries
The equivalent to Upper Secondary School Leaving Examination
International Baccalaureate (IB)
International Baccalaureate Diploma satisfies the minimum requirements for admission to an AP programme. You need the following documentation: Diploma Programme (DP) Course Results or IB Certificate with a minimum grade of 3 in all 6 subjects and at least 3 subjects at Higher Level (HL) and IB Diploma with “Diploma Programme Results or IB Diploma.
Other international qualifications
European Baccalaureate (EB), Dansk/Fransk Baccalauréat (DFB), Option Internationale de Baccalauréat (OIB), or Dansk-Tysk Studentereksamen (DIAP)
For further details, please check the specific country here: International qualifications for entry to undergraduate programmes
Mathematics or Business Economics
|AP Computer Science||Mathematics B-level|
|AP Commerce Management||Mathematics or Business Economics D-level|
|AP Marketing Management||Mathematics or Business Economics B-level|
|AP Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management||Mathematics or Business Economics C-level|
|AP Multimedia Design and Communication||Mathematics or Business Economics C-level|
|AP Logistics||Mathematics or Business Economics C-level|
|B-level||250 hours of 60 minutes|
|C-level||125 hours of 60 minutes|
|D-level||Mathematics from 1st to 10th grade – no specific number of hours|
|It is only the last three years of your Upper Secondary Education, which are relevant when you calculate the number of hours. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a verification form to be filled in by your school, if necessary.|
The applicants must submit one of the following tests to prove their English proficiency:
|Danish B-level in English||02 (average)|
|TOEFL iBT (internet based)||83|
|PTE Academic – Pearson Test of English||58|
|CPE Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English||Grade C|
|CAE Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English||Grade C|
|FCE Cambridge First Certificate of English||Grade A|
|Other official proficiency tests with an equivalent level may be recognised on an individual basis according to the CEFR, Common European Framework|
Test results must not be more than two years old at the time of application.
An applicant may ask for an exemption concerning the English test, if he/she has acquired sufficient English proficiency in other ways, e.g. native speakers, extended work/studies in an English speaking country, the international or the European Baccalaureate.
Due to the limited number of places available, admissions are allocated in different quotas: Quota 1 and 2. Applicants with non-EU qualifications, will only be considered according to quota 2 as we cannot do an assessment of the grade point average.
Quota 1 admissions are allocated according to the grade point average of an upper secondary education. The grade point averages needed for admission will be published at the end of the admission process each year.
Quota 2 admissions are allocated according to our quota 2 criteria, which you can find here. Zealand will make an overall evaluation and rating of the applicants, which we may supplement with an admission interview.
Restrictions on double degrees
The Danish Government has passed a law imposing restrictions on the possibility of receiving more than one Danish fulltime further education at the same or at a lower level than you have already received. It means that if you already have an AP degree in Marketing Management, you cannot apply for another AP programme, or if you have a Professional Bachelor’s degree in e.g. Web Development, you cannot be admitted in another Professional Bachelor or an AP programme. This also applies, if there are available places in the programme.
The rule does not apply to foreign fulltime further education.
Exemption from the rules
Certain programmes are exempted, but none of the international programmes at Zealand. However, it is also possible to apply for an exemption in the following cases:
- If your have completed your previous education at least 6 years before the study start of the new programme you apply for
- If you no longer can use your previous education due to health reasons
- If your education has been changed significantly or has been discounted
If you wish to apply for an exemption, you have to upload an exemption request and the relevant diploma as well as a Doctor’s Certificate (if relevant) with your application for admission.
The rules concerning restrictions on double degrees are found in Bekendtgørelse 1495 af 11/12/2017 om adgang til erhvervsakademiuddannelser og professionsbacheloruddannelser, §13.
- Curriculum Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management - 2017 - 2019 Summer edition
- Curriculum Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management - 2017 - 2019 Winter edition
- Curriculum Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management - 2016 - 2018 Summer edition
- Curriculum Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management - 2015 - 2017 Summer edition
- Curriculum Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management - 2014 - 2016 Winter edition
- Curriculum - 2017-2019 Winter edition
Alle fuldtidsuddannelser på Zealand indeholder en obligatorisk praktikperiode på mellem 10 og 40 uger.
Praktikperiodens varighed og placering varierer afhængigt af uddannelsen, men som hovedregel ligger praktikken på det sidste semester af uddannelsen, og bliver efterfulgt at dit afsluttende projekt.
- Organisation, udvikling og samskabelse
- Ledelse af medarbejdere og faglig udvikling
- Det personlige lederskab og forandring
- Ledelse af organisationens arbejdsmiljøindsats
- Ledelse i relationel kompleksitet
- Ledelse af digitale processer
- Pædagogisk ledelse
- Ledelse og styring i politisk styrede org.
- Ledelse og forhandling i pol. styr. organisationer
- Ledelse af forandrings- og udviklingsprocesser i offentlige organisationer
- Projektering - rengøring og hygiejne
- Indledningsfag i matematik
- Indledningsfag i kemi
- Rengøringsledelse og kommunikation
- Psykologi og krisehåndtering
- Hygiejne- og rengøringsteknik, grundlæggende
- Hygiejne- og rengøringsteknik - udvidet
- Afgangsprojekt Hygiejne- og rengøringsteknologi
- Sundhed og velfærd
- Produktionssystemer og ressourceoptimering
- Omkostningsanalyse, kalkulationer og prissætning
- Produktion og restprodukter
- Markedskommunikation, salg og rådgivning
- Biologisk stofomsætning og miljø
- Personale, strategi og virksomhedsudvikling
- SmartLearning - Kvalitetsoptimering med Six Sigma
- SmartLearning - Videregående database
- SmartLearning - Videregående IT-sikkerhed
- SmartLearning - Systemdrift
- SmartLearning - Webprogrammering, server-side
- SmartLearning - Webprogrammering, client-side
- SmartLearning - Brugervenlighed og grafisk design
- SmartLearning - Videregående systemudvikling
- SmartLearning - Avanceret Programmering
- SmartLearning - Videregående programmering