- System Development and Programming
- Network Administration & IT Safety
- Multi-media development & IT strategy
The AP programme in Computer Science provides you with a broad profile in IT. You will be in a position to develop, update and maintain IT systems on your own initiative, both in public institutions and in companies.
The Programme in Computer Science combines theory with practical problem issues and provides relevant job qualifications. You will gain a thorough insight into computer methodology and concepts, business organization, economics, production management, and environmental conditions related to business.
The Computer Science programme combines theory with practical problem issues and provides relevant job qualifications. You will become thoroughly versed in computer methodology and concepts. To which must be added: thorough knowledge of business organisation, economics, production management and environmental conditions with the businesses.
|Titel||AP in Computer Science|
Maglegårdsvej 2, 4000 Roskilde
Inge Langberg Kjær
Lotte Falk Primdahl
The education programme takes 30 months (2½ year), and the study is divided into five semesters, 150 ECTS.
Semesters 1-3 are compulsory for all students. In Semester 4 you will specialize in two optional subjects. The 5th semester is divided into two parts. The first part is the internship, where the student works 3 months as a trainee in a company. Second part, following the internship, the student is spending the rest of the semester writing a dissertation. Normally the subject of the dissertation is to be chosen in consultation with the internship company.
The core section is divided into five subject areas:
- General: The coherence between technology and society, communication and mathematics.
- The Enterprise: Organisation, project management, economic management, environmental control and logistics.
- System Development: Strategy, analysis, design, project work, user participation, prototypes and test.
- Programming: Algorithms, data structures, programming languages, database programming and implementation.
- Technology: Safety, computer design, distributed programming, the Internet and Intranets.
- Elective Subjects
You will get the opportunity of individually profiling your education through specialization courses and the analysis of themes – chosen by you – which broadly relate to the IT area. Existing specialization courses are revised and new courses developed on a regular basis. Doing the individual theme in the 4th Semester and your Dissertation in the 5th Semester, you will have the opportunity of individualising your education. You may specialise within:
- System Development and Programming
- Network Administration and IT Safety
- Multi-media development and IT strategy
You may attend the International Line, doing a short-term study abroad.
Computer Science graduates from Zealand Institute of Business and Technology distinguish themselves by their profound knowledge of business affairs in the IT area, their mastering all phases of system development, and their excellent programming skills. In addition to academic and vocational qualifications we emphasise, independence and good interactive skills, the ability to do project work and to be focused on achieving results, interdisciplinary and holistic learning processes, the ability to communicate results, and being quality-conscious in your study, learning and development.
For admission to the AP Degree in Computer Science the following qualifications are required:
From Denmark and Scandinavia
A general upper secondary education in Denmark/Scandinavia (Upper Secondary School Leaving Examination, Higher Commercial Examination, Higher Technical Examination or Higher Preparatory Examination)
From UK countries and countries with at similar educational system
General Certificate of Secondary Education, GCSE in combination with Advanced level exams: At least two subjects at A-level in combination with 5 GCSE exams.
From other European countries
The equivalent to Upper Secondary School Leaving Examination.
From United States and countries with a similar educational system
High school diploma from the United States
From African countries, India, China and other Asian countries
The equivalent to Upper Secondary School Leaving Examination
From South- and Latin American countries
The equivalent to Upper Secondary School Leaving Examination
International Baccalaureate (IB)
International Baccalaureate Diploma satisfies the minimum requirements for admission to an AP programme. You need the following documentation: Diploma Programme (DP) Course Results or IB Certificate with a minimum grade of 3 in all 6 subjects and at least 3 subjects at Higher Level (HL) and IB Diploma with “Diploma Programme Results or IB Diploma.
Other international qualifications
European Baccalaureate (EB), Dansk/Fransk Baccalauréat (DFB), Option Internationale de Baccalauréat (OIB), or Dansk-Tysk Studentereksamen (DIAP)
For further details, please check the specific country here: International qualifications for entry to undergraduate programmes
Mathematics or Business Economics
|AP Computer Science||Mathematics B-level|
|AP Commerce Management||Mathematics or Business Economics D-level|
|AP Marketing Management||Mathematics or Business Economics B-level|
|AP Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management||Mathematics or Business Economics C-level|
|AP Multimedia Design and Communication||Mathematics or Business Economics C-level|
|AP Logistics||Mathematics or Business Economics C-level|
|B-level||250 hours of 60 minutes|
|C-level||125 hours of 60 minutes|
|D-level||Mathematics from 1st to 10th grade – no specific number of hours|
|It is only the last three years of your Upper Secondary Education, which are relevant when you calculate the number of hours. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a verification form to be filled in by your school, if necessary.|
The applicants must submit one of the following tests to prove their English proficiency:
|Danish B-level in English||02 (average)|
|TOEFL iBT (internet based)||83|
|PTE Academic – Pearson Test of English||58|
|CPE Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English||Grade C|
|CAE Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English||Grade C|
|FCE Cambridge First Certificate of English||Grade A|
|Other official proficiency tests with an equivalent level may be recognised on an individual basis according to the CEFR, Common European Framework|
Test results must not be more than two years old at the time of application.
An applicant may ask for an exemption concerning the English test, if he/she has acquired sufficient English proficiency in other ways, e.g. native speakers, extended work/studies in an English speaking country, the international or the European Baccalaureate.
Due to the limited number of places available, admissions are allocated in different quotas: Quota 1 and 2. Applicants with non-EU qualifications, will only be considered according to quota 2 as we cannot do an assessment of the grade point average.
Quota 1 admissions are allocated according to the grade point average of an upper secondary education. The grade point averages needed for admission will be published at the end of the admission process each year.
Quota 2 admissions are allocated according to our quota 2 criteria, which you can find here. Zealand will make an overall evaluation and rating of the applicants, which we may supplement with an admission interview.
Restrictions on double degrees
The Danish Government has passed a law imposing restrictions on the possibility of receiving more than one Danish fulltime further education at the same or at a lower level than you have already received. It means that if you already have an AP degree in Marketing Management, you cannot apply for another AP programme, or if you have a Professional Bachelor’s degree in e.g. Web Development, you cannot be admitted in another Professional Bachelor or an AP programme. This also applies, if there are available places in the programme.
The rule does not apply to foreign fulltime further education.
Exemption from the rules
Certain programmes are exempted, but none of the international programmes at Zealand. However, it is also possible to apply for an exemption in the following cases:
- If your have completed your previous education at least 6 years before the study start of the new programme you apply for
- If you no longer can use your previous education due to health reasons
- If your education has been changed significantly or has been discounted
If you wish to apply for an exemption, you have to upload an exemption request and the relevant diploma as well as a Doctor’s Certificate (if relevant) with your application for admission.
The rules concerning restrictions on double degrees are found in Bekendtgørelse 1495 af 11/12/2017 om adgang til erhvervsakademiuddannelser og professionsbacheloruddannelser, §13.
Alle fuldtidsuddannelser på Zealand indeholder en obligatorisk praktikperiode på mellem 10 og 40 uger.
Praktikperiodens varighed og placering varierer afhængigt af uddannelsen, men som hovedregel ligger praktikken på det sidste semester af uddannelsen, og bliver efterfulgt at dit afsluttende projekt.
- Organisation, udvikling og samskabelse
- Ledelse af medarbejdere og faglig udvikling
- Det personlige lederskab og forandring
- Ledelse af organisationens arbejdsmiljøindsats
- Ledelse i relationel kompleksitet
- Ledelse af digitale processer
- Pædagogisk ledelse
- Ledelse og styring i politisk styrede org.
- Ledelse og forhandling i pol. styr. organisationer
- Ledelse af forandrings- og udviklingsprocesser i offentlige organisationer
- Projektering - rengøring og hygiejne
- Indledningsfag i matematik
- Indledningsfag i kemi
- Rengøringsledelse og kommunikation
- Psykologi og krisehåndtering
- Hygiejne- og rengøringsteknik, grundlæggende
- Hygiejne- og rengøringsteknik - udvidet
- Afgangsprojekt Hygiejne- og rengøringsteknologi
- Sundhed og velfærd
- Produktionssystemer og ressourceoptimering
- Omkostningsanalyse, kalkulationer og prissætning
- Produktion og restprodukter
- Markedskommunikation, salg og rådgivning
- Biologisk stofomsætning og miljø
- Personale, strategi og virksomhedsudvikling
- SmartLearning - Kvalitetsoptimering med Six Sigma
- SmartLearning - Videregående database
- SmartLearning - Videregående IT-sikkerhed
- SmartLearning - Systemdrift
- SmartLearning - Webprogrammering, server-side
- SmartLearning - Webprogrammering, client-side
- SmartLearning - Brugervenlighed og grafisk design
- SmartLearning - Videregående systemudvikling
- SmartLearning - Avanceret Programmering
- SmartLearning - Videregående programmering